(From ViaSport Return to Sport Guidelines)
A Return to Sport Plan has been developed for the sport of Canoe Kayak in order to ensure:
- health and safety of all individuals is a priority
- activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations
- modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to our sport organization,
its participants,and staff.
Our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
- If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have selfisolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID19, please stay home.
- Wash your hands before participating
- Bring your own equipment, water bottle and hand sanitizer
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Leave the field of play as quickly as possible after you finish
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to
minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible
to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in
their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own
circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your
full cooperation with our Return to Sport Plan.