The Nanaimo Canoe and Kayak Club (NCKC) is a local, not-for-profit sports organization offering recreational and competitive paddle sports to individua lof all ages at Long Lake. The Club focuses on fun, safe sport skill development while teaching physical literacy and promoting sport for all.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, part time seasonal Junior Summer Camp Leaders to assist with instructing our weekly summer day kids camps, while promoting a fun, safe and supportive environment for campers at our Long Lake location.
Skills and Requirements:
- CanoeKids National Coaching Certification or higher
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C
- Competent swimming skills.
- Pleasure Craft Operators Certification
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent character, integrity and flexibility
- Previous experience with adaptive programs is an asset.
- Recreational and/or Sprint Paddling experience.
- Work cooperatively with all of the coaching staff.
- Meet and greet campers and families in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Oversee the daily operation, safety, security and cleanliness of the canoe club and equipment.
- Create and deliver a fun and safe program for all club members and campers.
- Assist in the execution of special events and/or fundraisers.
- Respect the club’s policies regarding fair play and equity.
- To offer the club constructive feedback on various areas of administration as related to program delivery.
- Support team building and fair play.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Number of positions: 4
Start Date: End of June 2019
Deadline: May 15, 2019
Cover Letter and Resume can be mailed to the Human Resources Officer Pieter Stubbings: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this position is dependent on receipt of an HRDC grant. Applicants must be full time students returning to school in September.